June 30, 2009

Bridal/Baby Shower Favors

I was put in charge of favors for my cousin's wedding shower. I wanted to move past Hershey Kisses wrapped in tulle but I didn't want to break the bank. I looked online and found some cute personalized candy bar wrappers and figured I could make my own. I got some white scrapbook paper for 17 cents, some ribbon for a couple bucks and printed their initials on some green paper. Easy.
I found these Dove bars at the grocery store and saw that they had three individually wrapped bars in each package. Perfect. They were about 2" by 3", a great favor size. And I was able to get a few different varieties.
Because I had a few varieties and wanted to differentiate between them, I used return address labels with the variety printed on them to attach the paper in the back.
I used permanent adhesive to attach the ribbon
Then attached the initialed paper on top of the ribbon.

And we're finished! A nice big stack of pretty favors.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

So cute! I am linking back to you on my blog, the craftersfilebox.blogspot.com

Thanks for sharing!