April 30, 2009

Fabulous Banana Bread



I woke up to three slimy bananas on my counter. Which means only one thing. Banana bread. My kids and I had a great time (read: a very messy and somewhat chaotic time) baking it and my husband gave rave reviews. He swears that I make the best banana bread ever- and I am choosing to believe him.

Here's the trick to fantastic looking bread: A tablespoon or two of white sugar sprinkled on top of the batter before you put it in the oven. Makes it crispy and sparkly- and sugary.

Recipe:

2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ C butter
¾ C brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 ⅓ C bananas,
mashed

Combine flour, soda and salt. Cream butter, sugar and stir in eggs and banana to moisten. Put in 1 loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees 60-65 minutes. Until toothpick comes out clean.

2 comments:

Melody said...

looks so yummy! a trick i discovered recently with banana bread is to spray the pan with pam and then run a little sugar around it like you do flour for cakes. then pour in the batter. makes a sugary crust that ends up being the best part! never tried the sugar on top, will have to do that.

Laura said...

That looks absolutely delicious!

If you get chance check out some of my banana bread recipes.

Thanks
Laura