April 14, 2008

Chocolate Bowls



Okay, this is so easy and makes very impressive looking bowls. And they taste good, to boot. This is all you are going to need: 8 ounces chocolate chips and some five inch balloons. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, or however you want (microwave, etc.). I recommend Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips, but that is just my preference. Put some wax paper on a cookie sheet and put four dollops of chocolate (about 1/2 teaspoon) on it (this will become the flat part of the bowl). Blow up four balloons and dip them in the chocolate, you can use a spoon to spread it on if you need to. Place one balloon on each dollop of chocolate and put the balloons in the fridge to allow the chocolate to harden. After it has hardened gently deflate the balloons (pinch the top and use scissors to cut a small hole) and peel out of the bowl. Fill with ice-cream, berries, or whatever sounds good.

4 comments:

Jared and Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jared and Laura said...

Hi, this is Laura, I work with Scott Buchanan and I found your site via his links. I just wanted to say that I love the chocolate bowls and I'm going to make them this weekend! You are so creative! I am amazed at some of the things you've posted. Thanks for sharing your ideas and recipes. What fun!

Kristen said...

Oh, that looks SO good! I'm totally going to do that sometime.

Sarah said...

I had a friend who tried that very thing, but the chocolate was too hot and when he put it on the balloon, the balloon burst, which sent melted chocolate flying all across the room. I guess it was a mess to clean up.