February 4, 2008

Teriyaki Kabobs


This has to be one of my favorite meals. I love freshly grilled vegetables and the sweet and tangy taste of teriyaki sauce. I made separate meat skewers and vegetable skewers because I prefer my vegetables "naked"- no sauce. While grilling baste the chicken periodically with the teriyaki sauce until cooked through. I prefer these kabobs served on a bed of brown rice with more of the teriyaki sauce drizzled on top. Delish!!

While I was growing up my mom would make huge batches of this sauce so we always had a quart jar in the fridge that we would use on chicken, fish, stir fry, etc. It's a super easy and versatile recipe that keeps well in the fridge.

Teriyaki Sauce

1/2 C soy sauce (I use low sodium)
1/2 C sugar
1 t chili powder
2 T honey
1 T vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 t ginger

Combine all ingredients and bring to a low boil.

No comments: