February 18, 2008

Don't Forget the Rocks




Today the temperature reached into the sixties so I took my little man outside to explore. We didn't have time to go to the playground and I felt bad that we could only go to the nasty patch of grass behind our apartment complex. But he reminded me that nasty patches of grass are actually full of little treasures. He found these two rocks that were about the same size and couldn't stop looking at them and showing them to me. Oh, that such simple things made me so happy. I downloaded these photos onto my computer and opened them in photoshop to play with them- maybe boost the color, fix them up somehow- but that would have ruined the pictures. I'm a believer of pictures telling a story and these photos are him showing me that even on a dull, overcast day in a nasty patch of grass simple treasures abound. Thanks, little man, for another life lesson.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Now that is a perfect little-boy occupation: rock collector. Great captures!