February 29, 2008

Boppy Cover


I'm pregnant with my second baby and this time around all I wanted was a Boppy pillow for nursing. But at $40 a pop I wasn't too willing to go out and buy one. Luckily I was at the fabric store the other day and found a pillow form (under the name Nurture Nest) for $12 that came with a pattern to make your own slipcover. I found some cheap fabric and was able to get the whole thing for under $20! The pattern was super simple but it was the first time I sewed in a zipper, so there was some good time spent unpicking things. I think the hardest part of the whole thing was trying to get a good picture of it. Pillows just don't photograph well- now I understand why they always show them with a baby lounging in it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

$40 -- FOR A PILLOW???!!! Babies are just too darn expensive. I love making something for half the price of what you can buy it for at the store.