February 25, 2008

Apple Tart


We got stuck with a huge bag of apples after a school event so last night we decided to put them into some sort of dessert. I looked on the internet and ran across this recipe for an apple tart and I think I have a new go-to dessert. It has everything you could want in a recipe: easy, delicious, looks fabulous, simple ingredients. Perfect.

I used a premade crust from the grocery store which made it that much simpler. I'm sure a homemade crust would be better, but until I work up the ambition for that, a store crust worked great. Mine turned out delicious but a little mushy because I didn't use cooking apples. Apparently those signs at the grocery store indicating whether it is an "eating" apple or a "cooking" apple actually mean something. I guess I'll just have to make it again. Oh, and I baked it at 350 for about 40 minutes. The recipe doesn't specify a temperature but this worked. The crust was nice and flaky and the apples were cooked through.

3 comments:

deb said...

I really love how dark and caramelized yours got. It's a lot like apple tarts I would see in Paris! I have to bake mine longer next time, definitely.

Sarah said...

Note: My husband and I just ate the leftover tart tonight and it tastes even better cold. It's the gift that just keeps on giving.

Jess and Jared said...

You are so creative Sarah. I love that you made this blog. I need inspiration to be more creative.